Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Back to work, Kind of!

Today is back to work. (for a day anyways) I'll be taking off the rest of the week with the new baby and family in, but there are many things to accomplish today. I was up with Rebekah till about midnight when my mom took over. Thank God for moms and mom-in-laws. She is the cutest thing as you can tell from the pictures. She is a very calm baby. The only time she cries is when she is hungry or needs a diaper change. So far, number 3 hasn't been too bad. I guess it will become more difficult when we start getting out. Instead of getting ready 2 children, we are getting 3 ready.

We will be bringing Rebekah to our "Peak of the Week" service tonight." When you live next door to the church, getting a baby out to come to church is not a hard thing to do. But watch out, I will have hand sanitizer handy for those who want to hold her or touch her. This will be the only time you see me a clean freak.

I finally have a keyboard for my office. Well, it is not here yet, but Ebay is great. I budgeted it in for this year. The one I really wanted was way too expensive so I was going to settle for a Yamaha. I found an auction on ebay for the expensive one. I bid what I was planning to pay for the Yamaha and I won it. I'm so excited. I'm getting the keyboard I really wanted in the first place for the price of the one I was going to settle for. Not a bad deal. Now I can finally do spend some quality time arranging instead of trucking upstairs to play our rehearsal keyboard, jotting notes down and running downstairs to my office to fix it in Finale.

We just bought a van on Saturday. I was going to take my old van and trade it in, but I couldn't get it out of the driveway before it overheated. I think I'm going to donate it to one of these non-profit organizations that uses old vehicles for parts. At least I've heard they are out there. We got a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. It is used of course. Even with all the rebates and 0% intrest for 60 months, it is way cheaper to get a 2005 with 20,000 miles then to buy a new one. I've bought a lot of cars in my life, unfortunately. This purchase is the first I've felt good about. We could have bought a van with more options and payed a lot more, but we stuck with a basic model with basic feature, because that is all we needed. We will most likely put a DVD player with screen in it though for long trips with the kids. When you live 10-12 hours from family, it really helps long road trips.

Well, it is time for me to go to a doctors appointment. Have a blessed day.

Bret

No comments: