Monday, August 01, 2005

Awesome Sunday

Yesterday was a great Sunday. Class was held in our worship center with me as the teacher. The praise team stood up there with me which was awesome. We talked about how being a missional church affects our worship. It went really well. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to be in that kind of setting with the church and I really enjoyed the time.

Worship was great. We had a couple of video testimonies about how certain songs had healed people in a time of hurt. We also had a couple of our members to speak on "Worship that Heals our Hurts."

At 3:00 the worship team met at Main Event for bowling and pizza. Micah San Juan gets my vote for "Gutter King." At one point I looked up and he had 11 gutters in one game. Around 7 of them were in a row. Ouch. Valerie Hawkins had the high score of the day and in a long skirt that she wore to church.

Last night I finished the new Harry Potter book. Wow. What a read. I'm not going to give any details out, but you find out lots of good stuff in this book. I'm excited to see how the story will unfold in the last book.

1 comment:

summer said...

it was awesome. thank you for doing such a great job.
summer