Wednesday, June 11, 2008

iPhone 3G

Have you seen the new iPhone 3G that is coming out? It is going to be a great product. I thought the iPhone was a great product already, but they have improved the speed, the 3rd party support, the way it works with things like exchange, and best of all they are dropping the price by $200. It isn't often that you can get the newest model for half the price. I just might have to purchase one when they come out. I've been wanting one for a year now, but I wasn't about to pay $400 for one, but for $200 it just might be worth it. I've always wanted email on my phone and GPS would be nice as well especially when I'm out of town.

It looks like I'm going to have to take my new iMac to the shop. I think there is something wrong with the power cable. It will occasionally just shut down. I worked with technical support on the phone and we did all the diagnostics and it looks like it is the power cord. The unfortunate thing is that I have to take it to the store for them to check it out and make sure that is the problem. The store said it could take up to 5 business days to get it tested and get the right part in. I know it isn't Apple's fault, we just don't have any Apple stores around here, so the only one that works on them around here won't have the part on hand. Oh, well. I'll just schedule it for a time when I'll be out of town for a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Make sure they check you fan. If the fan quits working, the processor overheats and the system will just shut down.