Thursday, June 05, 2008

My First Alabama Post

It is official. I'm an Alabamian. I never thought I'd ever live in Alabama, but so far it is great. The church here in Montgomery is wonderful. The people here are some of the most loving people we have ever met.

In just 5 short weeks, we are already starting to love the people here. This has definitely been a good move for us. We have already seen all of Summer's family twice since we've gotten here and that doesn't include her parents helping us move. My family is coming to visit next weekend.

Next weekend I will be preaching at Vaughn Park for the first time. I'm kind of excited about it actually. It is kind of funny that the first week my family get to see the church, they won't even be seeing me do what I do which is lead worship. Oh, well, I'm sure they will visit again sometime when I am.

The staff here is great. There are 6 ministers, including myself. We have 2 youth ministers (a guy and a girl), our senior minister, a children's minister, and a connections minister (small groups and involvement).

I will be taking Outreach as well as Worship. It looks like one of my roles will be to co-lead the Upwards program at Vaughn Park. That should be fun since I love to play basketball.

On Fridays, one of the other staff members and myself go and play basketball with some guys at Faulkner University at lunch. This has been good because I need the exercise.

I'm running a new iMac 20" with 4 GB of memory. I love it. The Entourage email client is not as robust as Outlook, but it does everything I need it to do.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

No comments: