Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Nesting and a full moon

Well, Summer is officiailly off of bed rest and she is nesting. I got home for lunch today and I found the living room totally rearranged. I wonder what I will find when I get home from work this evening. It has happened every time though. When the baby is close, the cleaning and rearranging starts to happen. She is really enjoying being off of bed rest and being able to do some of those things.

Last night we went to Grapevine Mills mall with some friends and as soon as we started driving we noticed it was a full moon. It just so happened that both Micah and Anna were born on a full moon. Supposedly, on a full moon there is something about the barametric pressure or something that makes it a general rule that when there is a full moon there are a lot of women delivering babies. At least that is what the hospital said. She didn't have the baby, but I can tell it won't be long. I'm officially on call. I guess we'll see what happens as the days unfold.

They had a big 30th birthday party for me on Saturday night. I honestly don't feel any different being thirty then when I was in my 20's. Stephanie Reynolds and her son drove from Paducah to surprise me. They also brought my favorite chinese food, Chongs. It was supposed to be a surprise except my son can't keep a secret. He came to me about 30 minutes before the party and whispered that Stephanie and YoYo (Kevin) was coming to my surprise party. Gotta love the kids.

Sunday night we had a big talent show with our church. We had about 300 people show up. It was a great night with lots of great talent. We had everything from a band playing 50's music, to a magician, and even a 3 person drum line that rocked the talent show. It was a great success.

I'm reading through the Bible this year and have challenged the staff to do it with me. We should be finished with Genesis by Wed. We have already read through Job so far. We are reading the Bible chronologically.

Please don't ever download a screensaver unless you know it is not infected by spyware or viruses. One of the ladies (I won't mention her name, though her first name starts with Myra :) downloaded a cute screensaver along with a virus and a ton of spyware. I have yet to get her computer totally clean and I've run at least 10 scans on it. It is getting better, but there is still some stuff hiding in the computer. I'm about to take the computer and make it target practice at a gun range. It's ok Myra, we have all downloaded spyware and viruses unknowningly at some point in our lives.

Well that is my ramblings for today. Blessings to you all,

Bret

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Bret - the talent show was awesome! My aboslute favorite part was JB and friends doing their drum line stuff. Our drum line in high school had a particular cadence called "the Beat" that was just really neat. I think I remember someone telling me that it was actually super easy, but it was still really cool to hear and to watch. JB's sharing of his talent took me back to good ol Abilene High. Thanks for organizing the show - and I'm glad we had such a great turnout!