Monday, October 15, 2007

Asthma

When I was a kid I had an incendent where I was breathing in and felt a sharp pain that seemed to come from my heart. I did all kinds of testing back then and it was determined that my heart was rubbing against my lung and that I would grow out of it.

Well, I never did. I've had those symptoms since then though only occasionally.

I went to the doctor today to take care of a nasty cough that is in my chest. He did a breathing test and treatment and told me that at the minimum I have allergy induced Asthma. He prescribed me a inhaler that I will be using twice a day for six months and then he will do a workup on my lungs. He did say he is not officially diagnosing me with Asthma, but it very well could be that.

After coming back to work and letting the staff know the results of my appointment, one of our admins said that she had asthma and describe those same symptoms that I described at the top of this post.

So it looks like I have Asthma. I don't know what to think about it, but it looks like I got it. At least there is treatment.

1 comment:

Nancy Morris said...

Can't believe you have Asthma. You are the only one in the family that I know of that has it. It must be that Dallas air. You didn't have it back hee in KY Maybe you should think about that!!!! Moving back to KY might be the answer. Lone Oak is finally looking for a full time pulpit minister. Maybe you could apply for that.